Hotel Rooms with central heating can seriously dehydrate skin which triggers deep inflammatory responses - and that's not good. So, you want to do all you can to protect skin from dehydration. Here's a few tips on how to keep skin hydrated when staying in hotels:
- Boil some water and put it in mugs around the room so the water can evaporate and increase the humidity in the room.
- When you shower, leave the bathroom door open to let some steam come from the shower into your room to increase humidity in the air.
- Drink lots of water - yes, but if you've had a big night out, add in some re-hydrator you can buy from the store that increases your cell's water absorption rate.
- Use a rich moisturiser that forms a micro-film barrier on skin to keep moisture inside - try our 36 Hour* Moisturising range - designed with a focus on preventing dehydration - especially while you sleep.
- Try one of our Hotel Room Survival Series Masks, all designed to manage the challenges on skin that staying in hotels presents:
The Big Night-Out Mask to plump those cells and give you glow.
The Big-Night In Investment Mask - a rich, nourishing mask that builds healthy skin matrix.
The Hot Tub Magnesium Mask - detoxify and soothe.
The Anti-Everything Mask - for when you just want to shut the door and order in Room Service - packed with anti-oxidants, anti-inflammatories and anti- pollutants.
Back to Girl Voyager Blog